I was just going through this Surah in the morning when I thought about how arrogant and proud we have become. We are so busy in our daily lives and acheivements that we deem ourselves invincible. Whenever Allah has mentioned bad people in Quran, He only mentioned their bad qualities, not them being bad souls. Allah created us all equally with love, saying the kalima doesn’t make us Superior to other people, our humulity and deeds do, and that only to Allah if we are not proud about them.
The Munafeqeen will be punished only because of thier Nifaaq, if we exhibit the same nifaaq, we will also come in the category of people Allah dislikes… When we are obsessed with ourselves alone and blindly do what our Nafs ( inner self) wants to do, then we also, to some extent are committing shirk, so all the verses in the Quran prohibiting Shirk ( associating Partners with Allah ) and about its punishments apply to us. How?
When we do whatever we want and do not control our nafs and obey the Laws and Limits Allah has sent down for us, we are actually worshipping our Nafs and our “Hawa” ( desires, needs) as they come, like animals…. Worshipping anything besides Allah is Shirk…
We dress the way we feel like,w e eat what we feel like, we speak what we want… We call it freedom of actiona nd thought and speech.
May Allah forgive us, and guide us to the right path, ameen..
Allah have mercy on us, Ameen.
1. All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, the (only) Originator [or the (only) Creator] of the heavens and the earth, Who made the angels messengers with wings, – two or three or four. He increases in creation what He wills. Verily, Allâh is Able to do all things.
3. O mankind! Remember the Grace of Allâh upon you! Is there any creator other than Allâh who provides for you from the sky (rain) and the earth? Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). How then are you turning away (from Him)?
7. Those who disbelieve, theirs will be a severe torment; and those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).
8. Is he, then, to whom the evil of his deeds made fair seeming, so that he considers it as good (equal to one who is rightly guided)? Verily, Allâh sends astray whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. So destroy not yourself (O Muhammad SAW) in sorrow for them. Truly, Allâh is the All Knower of what they do!
10. Whosoever desires honour, power and glory then to Allâh belong all honour, power and glory [and one can get honour, power and glory only by obeying and worshipping Allâh (Alone)]. To Him ascend (all) the goodly words, and the righteous deeds exalt it (the goodly words i.e. the goodly words are not accepted by Allâh unless and until they are followed by good deeds), but those who plot evils, theirs will be severe torment. And the plotting of such will perish.
11. And Allâh did create you (Adam) from dust, then from Nutfah (male and female discharge semen drops i.e. Adam’s offspring), then He made you pairs (male and female). And no female conceives or gives birth, but with His Knowledge. And no aged man is granted a length of life, nor is a part cut off from his life (or another man’s life), but is in a Book (Al Lauh Al Mahfûz) Surely, that is easy for Allâh.
( Al Fatir, Chapter 35, Al Quran, Verses 1-11)