Bissmillahi Rahmani Raheem,
I was thinking today about some things. The things which have happened to me recently, affecting my faith. What are the changes that haveoccurred in me? I blame having kids and the truth is that it’s all to do with my growing laziness.
I found out the things which make a difference in my taqwa are:
- Not saying bissmilllah before starting everything, I have limited it to saying before eating or drinking anything or opening jars etc..
- Not reciting the duas before bedtime I suffice with a few duas, and ayatul kursi and that’s it, as opposed to before where I would do a long routine before going to sleep
- Not saying Alhamdolillah or InshaAllah or MashaAllah in front of non Muslims as often, I either forget to don’t say it thinking it either in appropriate ( ridiculous!!!) or forget.
- Not having a routine at home, as I use to, disorganisation is the worse thing that has affected my deen in a bad way. Islam is all about being consistent and punctual and systematic, prayers at a certain time, fasting at a certain time, everything is systematic. I have lost that, although I may just about fast and pray 5 times, the routine is so bad otherwise.
- I have been sticking to fard things only, has been a while since I did any voluntary things for the sake of Allah alone, I could do it for my friends or family or for myself to ask Allah for something but I haven’t done something solely to please Allah.
- using profanity and bad language as a joke with some friends, this is serious it has absolutely made me cold hearted and immodest and made a big hole in my faith
The list may go on forever, but these were the major things that I could think about right now, I am going to keep a track of the things I do wrong and try and get rid of the them,InshaAllah.
As I finish one list I will try and make another. I do hope Allah guides me, InshaAllah.